Motivation Proclamation

Currently listening to: Good Charlotte - "Motivation Proclamation"

Motivate me

I wanna get myself outta this bed.
Captivate me
I want good thoughts inside of my head.
When I fall down would you come around
Pick me right up off the ground?
When I fall down would you come around
Pick me right up off the ground?

They say that everyone has one person to inspire them. Someone who pushes you further than you've ever gone before. Someone who cheers you on, and knowing that they're there on the sidelines watching you makes you fight harder. Someone who believes in you so much that it shakes you deep down into your bones.
I used to have that person, that one somebody who I would push myself for; to the point where I felt I could break any second. But now I don't.

Here I am tonight, thinking about all the changes that have been happening to me in the past few years. The good calls I made. And the bad ones. Sometimes, I look back and wonder if all this change was for "the greater good". I don't know. And I wish someone could tell me. But I guess this is something I'm going to have to find out for myself.
An old friend used to say, "If you can make yourself laugh, then you can get yourself out of any situation." Well, I'm going to take that a little further.

If you can believe in yourself when the odds are against you, then there really is no need for a cheerleader on the sidelines watching you. what exactly is the deal abuot worrying what other people think about you? Me, I've worried about that all my life.
But the thing is, everybody wants - no, needs - somebody to stand by them. Somebody to at least tell you that you're still fighting the good fight.

Today there was a call. A 60-something year old woman who feel and cut the back of her head. It wasn't as bad as it looked. And if you could see and hear the terror in this old lady, you would probably laugh like my partners did. I admit, I did too. Her cry was something like a dolphin mating call (not like I heard one before or anything). But she was still freaking out.
So I took her hands and told her that she was going to be completely fine. She still freaked out, but I didn't let go. I held on as she prayed some kind of prayer. Honestly, Catholics got a prayer for practically everything!

After the call, one of my partners told me that I should be a grief counselor or something. He told me how when he first started, he was afraid to touch patients; but me, I just dived right in and took her hand. It felt good to know you were doing something right.

They say you shouldn't take your home with you, especially in this line of work. But tonight, I kind of feel like that old lady. Scared to know what's going to happen next. Scared to be left alone with the "boo-boo"s of your past. But I guess I need to be stronger. This time not for anybody else, but stronger for me.

0 Responses to “Motivation Proclamation”

Post a Comment