Muse

What a summer it's been so far. New friends. New experiences. New life. Everything jsut seems to be looking up. I just finished up summer classes up at school and jsut moved out of the friend's house I was staying in. It was a steal! $350 for a room with utilities, cable on a balcony from my room. On top of that, we had a dog named Yuna. I don't know much about dogs, but she looked like a little white pom-pom. I used to jsut lie in bed and watch movies.
Even though I had a little girl trouble for a bit, the summer so far has been real refreshing.

I'm on a cruise right now and guess who I ran into. A college friend. Me and him actually lived in the same hall for a bit. I saw him getting ice cream with his kid brother, and I just stood there "grilling" him. Even though I was there with my family (and then some) it was good to see him. I have to admit at first I didn't like the guy. Maybe because he was so happy whenever I saw him, all fresh and wide-eyed from high school and there I was jaded by my years at school. Maybe because he reminded me so much of me when I was a freshman. Maybe because he was so much of a genuine good guy that had to hate him. Or maybe because he's just better than me at guitar.
But that was then, and I have a feeling this is a guy I can really connect with. I have a feeling me and him are going to be real good friends - no, brothers, down the line.

I've been working out a lot this summer. I figured that since life has been changing all around me, maybe I should gamble on more change. I've been playing a lot of handball: the street sport of good old New York City Asians. But here on this boat, there isn't exactly a wall I can play on. So I've been hitting them gym, and hitting it hard. It's been hitting me back.
It's tiring. It's draining. But in the end, i feel energized like that Energizer Bunny. I just kept going, and going, and going and - well, you get the picture.
At times when I feel I can't push myself any harder, I think of you.

I think of seeing you when summer's over and we're back at school. I think of you cheering me on. I think of you, and I'm running. I let it all out of you. And in that moment, when I can just make out your face, I dig in deep inside me and keep going. Because I just imagine you, waiting on the other side of finish line, on the other side of the finish line. It's you. And I go.

I don't know why. I can't exactly figure it out tonight, but you inspire me. I can only hope that you'll still inspire me the next day, week, month, year, or years. It's all in my head, but there you are.
I see you, and I go.

I keep on going.

0 Responses to “Muse”

Post a Comment