Please Keep Your Hands Inside the Vehicle at All Times

What a night. A good night. I decided to swing by the university to see some people. I know I kind of graduated and all, but to me there's nothing like hanging around some friendly faces. After a good hur and a half driving, I made it out there.
My first stop was to swing by the new fraternity house. Everyone was out eating at a local steak place when I arrived. The only one there was my pledge brother and hsi girlfriend. We went out for some ice cream. I know, way too cold to enjoy ice cream, but he had a coupon and figured seeing me deserved some kind of mini-celebration. Afterwards, we went back to the house and played some mahjong with the other brothers.

It was getting past 8:00, and I promised my friend that I'd help him cook. But on the other hand, I haven't really spent time with the brothers. What to do? What to do?

I left the house a little past 10:00. On my way out, my pledge brother said I should swing by the house more often, I casually nodded and walked to my car. I have to admit, it was kind of good to hang out with him again. But I was on my way to the dinner I was supposed to help prepare. I finally found everybody and snuck in the back. I'm not very good at hiding.
Everyone shouted my name, and I felt like I was king of the room. It's good be seen, and to be missed. To feel like people want you around.

Swung by the city on my way home and hear I am, read to crash.
I only regret that I'm not exactly the most punctual nor most consistent person out there. Maybe it's my own fault for making too many promises. Tomorrow, there's a dinner in the city that I said I'd be around to catch. But truth be told, I'll be busy with my own stuff that night; stuff I can't exactly skip out on. Knowing me, I'm going flake. But maybe it's best I didn't show. Afterall, there's somebody that's going to be there that I'm kind of trying to avoid until I get my life straightened out.

Life goes on. Shit happens, and the ride can get a little bumpy. But life goes on. And with the right people in your life, you feel like any ride, good or bad, is a smooth ride.
Me? I'm enjoying the ride.

0 Responses to “Please Keep Your Hands Inside the Vehicle at All Times”

Post a Comment