Benedict

Just another night out, with a bunch of new friends. I had just started getting out into the world. I was joining a couple of new clubs; and at the same time, moving away from old friends.
There were dance team try-outs tonight. I thought about trying out, figuring my experience in all those Sweet 16s and Debuts would have rubbed off on me. And there you were. Dancing. I would always be seeing you dancing. So carefree and moving to the rhythm with ease, as though that's what you were born to do.

I stepped to dance a bit. Maybe just to goof around and show-off. Maybe just to get talk to you.
There you were by my side teaching me what you knew. And there I was copying ever step, every lean, ever clap, every turn. You said I was pretty good, with a smile on your face. Maybe you were jsut being nice. Or maybe I was just that freaking awesome.

A couple of people came in, serious to join the dance team, so I just sat on the side with the rest of our friends, and watched the rest of the try-outs. It was a short night, and I just made my way back to our friends place to hang out a bit more that night. The night was young and so was I. Places to go and people to see.

But it was nice to finally meet you.

0 Responses to “Benedict”

Post a Comment