Instant Message

It's a slow night. And I'm tired of studying. I need a break.
What better way to clear your head than to just talk to people, right?
I had your screen name. I don't know how.
Small talked. And then you told me about your ex-boyfriend and all the drama there.
I didn't know what to say, and I can't even remember what I said. I was kind of blind-sided by it.

I mean, seeing you beaming with energy, I couldn't imagine how that could've happened to you.
But life pulls fast ones on you like that, and my heart went out to you tonight, and I heard you out. Back to studying, remembering all that you told me. I had other things on my mind.
Studying. Fellowship responsibilities. One girl. Another girl. And somewhere in there, everything you told me.

I felt you needed a hero. Maybe that could've been me, but you're the kind of person who manages to land back on their feet.

Hero? Psh. You're your own hero.
One day, you'd be mine too.

0 Responses to “Instant Message”

Post a Comment