Chelsea

I went ice skating tonight down at Chelsea Piers, and as usual I looked awesome. Well, not for the first five minutes on ice. I tried showing off my old hockey skills and just ended up busting my ass on giving myself a cold wedgie. Let me tell you, there's no better way to humble yourself than to have some shaved ice ride up your pants.
After getting some new skates, ones that fit better. I was moving with ease. This one guy, I could never remember his name, asked me to teach him how to stop "the cool way". You know what I mean, stopping on your side and shaving some ice up high. He kept on trying over and over again, reminding me how bad I used to be at skating. I mean when I tried out for the hockey team back in high school, I couldn't stop. I just spun myself around and slammed my back onto the boards. Thank God that's not me on the ice anymore.

i didn't notice you then. You probably didn't even notice me there tonight, but you were there. I can't remember what you were wearing. I didn't even know your name. But you were there. We didn't talk. We probably didn't even have anything to talk about if we did.
But there I was, flying all smooth, forgetting about that class act Old Man Winter pulled on me earlier, and there you were on the side laughing with your friends.
We went to get something to eat down in Chinatown. You took a cab somewhere else with that guy you were with.

But you were there, and so was I.
I didn't even know your name.

0 Responses to “Chelsea”

Post a Comment