Villain in a Red Cape

Imagine this: You liked this girl. I mean you were head over heels for this girl. Something happened, and there's a fall-out. You two don't exactly talk anymore. You try. You call. But nothing. No phone calls returned. Nothing. You try talking online, but can't seem to get past the small talk. You two were pretty good friends. She cheered you on through your hardest times. And you were always ready to hear out her story. But now a days, you're nothing.
Now there's someone you really didn't like. Sure, of course you respected them as a person, as a brother. But when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, you didn't like the guy. Now here's the kicker. That girl, the one who would always inspire you to be a better man, she's been spending time with this guy. Not you. If anything, she's been avoiding you. Now you're the bad guy.
Now what are you supposed to do? To feel? Kind of a given, don't you think.

You get mad. You get crazy. You begin to think "Is he 'better' than me?". And in the end, you feel like a loser. Plain and simple.

In the back of my head, through out all things I've done in my past, good and bad, you always thought about what she thought of it all. It sounds kind of weak, to worry so much about what someone else thinks of you. But is it "weak"?
Exactly what the hell is wrong with me? Why him? Why him?!

Am I boring? Am I a loser? Am I that bad?

I wanted to just wail out. Break something. I didn't wanna punch the wall (I mean come on, my place just got renovated). So I punched myself in the face a good number of times.
Exactly what the hell am I? Am I really a hero? Or just a menace in "a hero's skin"? I mean, I can't help it. I just want some fucking affirmation, to know that I'm still... good. Because lately, a lot of things are showing me that I'm not.
Somebody tell me I am. Somebody show me I am. Because lately, I can't help but feel like the loser.

I'm saving lives aren't I? I am a hero. That's gotta mean something.
But not tonight. Tonight I'm a loser.
Tonight I'm the villain in a red cape.

0 Responses to “Villain in a Red Cape”

Post a Comment