The Night My Gwen Stacy Died

Peter Parker, also known as you're friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, didn't always love Mary Jane Watson. There was another girl, Gwen Stacy. They were good for each other. Sure, they hit they're hard times but they were happy. They probably would have spent the rest of their lives together. Would have. Little did Peter know, they'd only spend the rest of her life together. She died, and worse thing about it is that Peter might have killed her. After the Green Goblin knocked her off the Brooklyn Bridge, Peter shot out a web line to try to catch her before she hit the water. He caught her. She stopped - but maybe to fast, and her neck snapped via Newton's First Law of Motion. Peter's in trying to save her killed her. Now, she would have died if she hit the waters, but she died because of his action. Gwen died because of him. In the end, he really hit the jackpot and ended up with Mary Jane in the end, but only because of the death of Gwen Stacy.

I'm losing a friend now. All because of what I did and how I felt in the past for her. She was a great friend, but I thought maybe more. Fall-out. I don't know what to think about her - or even myself.I miss her. I only hope she misses me too, but the only way to save this friendship is to knock out those other feelings. I have to kill that part of me, and say good-bye to that dream-girl, my Gwen Stacy. Otherwise, my life will end up a mess. I'll be second-guessing myself. I'll be questioning if I'm still "the good guy". And I am the good guy. I'm the hero!
Just as in Peter Parker's story Gwen Stacy had to die, and my Gwen Stacy has to die in my mind's Brooklyn Bridge. Otherwise, there can be no Mary Jane Watson to save this Peter Parker's life; better than it was with Gwen Stacy.

I have to kill my Gwen Stacy. Otherwise, I'll lose a friend - you. And you'll lose a friend - me. I'll keep second-guessing myself. I'll keep losing my identity. And I won't be able to let someone save my life for once. I am gonna miss you Gwen.
But, this is what has to happen to save my friend. To save your friend.
I have to save my life. I have to let someone save my life.

I guess fate's in my hands - umm, or heart.
I'll miss you, Gwen. Goodnight.

0 Responses to “The Night My Gwen Stacy Died”

Post a Comment