The End of the Beginning

Tonight, after three hours, I finished my New York State Emergency Medical Technician exam. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to circling those little bubbles - and I freak out if my erased bubbles don't fully disappear! But as I walked out of the room I worked so hard in for four months, I shook the hand of my instructor.

He smiled something of warmth and pride. He smiled a smile as if he had something to say. He didn't.
But I smiled right back and thanked him for everything.

It seems like a blur since I first made that call while teaching science to elementary school kids in Long Island, telling him about my interest in the program. But after four months, I'm done - moving on to the rest of my life.

This moment right here - is the end of the beginning...

2 Responses to “The End of the Beginning”

  1. # Blogger Denny

    Actions speak louder than words and that proud smile of his is gonna do a lot more to motivate you to do more actions as a hero than any words can....proud of u man!  

  2. # Blogger Derrick

    you are now a licensed hero. you can say stuff like "alright, nothing to see here people. make way." or "help is here bitch!"  

Post a Comment