With Broken Toes and Frosted Nose

Alright, so I haven't landed a business-business job. Experience is key out here - but I don't necessarily have that business experience under my belt. I'm beginning to think that maybe working out of a twenty-something floor of some building in midtown Manhattan isn't in the cards. Maybe it really isn't not for me.

This girl I know said something that I've been looping over and over in my head these days. She said something like, "When God shuts a door in my face, He opens up a box of cupcakes." Yeah, I know that isn't exactly how the phrase is supposed to go - but I like hers better. Besides, who doesn't like cupcakes?!

Business-business is that slammed door. EMT is my box of cupcakes.
And I'm here. I'm already an EMT. And I should move forward with what I know I love to do, right?
It's funny. Every time I hear a siren scream / wail / "doot-doot" by, it's like the ambulance is telling me to follow it: "Follow me - to where you're called to be."

Lately, I've been looking into working at Bellevue in Manhattan, some company in the upper west side, and another place in Brooklyn. Also, looking into working out of Downstate Medical. Plus, I'm still waiting to hear from the FDNY.
I want to work on a 911 ambulance (or "bus"). And I want to work in the really shitty neighborhoods, you know? Where all the bad stuff happens. Why? Because I have these skills that I want to use where it would do the most good. It'd be kind of a waste if I worked out in the posh neighborhoods, and the only calls I'd get would be shuttling old folks to and from clinics.

I'm here for excitement, and dammit I'm gonna get my share!
Now all I have to do is find a job...

0 Responses to “With Broken Toes and Frosted Nose”

Post a Comment